A lovely gold tone ornament featuring the Grinnell Library in the Village of Wappingers Falls. Made of genuine 24k gold=flashed brass. Lightweight.
The Grinnell Library was formed in 1867 by Irving Grinnell and Henry Satterlee. It moved into the top floor of its current building in 1887. When it was chartered in 1888, it was the sixth oldest library in New York State. By 1967 it had grown and now occupies the entire building. The tower is modeled after one that Irving Grinnell saw in St. Battenberg, Switzerland, and the way the second story overhangs the first recalls buildings he liked in Chester, England.