A commemorative plate celebrating the 125th Anniversary of Zion Episcopal Church, located in the Village of Wappingers Falls, 1834-1959. This plate measures 9 ¾” in diameter, with gold rim. The back of the plate notes key dates in the history of Zion church:
Summer 1820 – Mrs. Matthew Mesier founded Sunday School “in shade of an ancient apple tree”.
Spring, 1833 – First services conducts “on north side of Wappingers Creek” by Rev. George Andrews.
January, 1834 – Sixty-eight subscribers pledged to build a church. Parish incorporated.
May, 1836 – Church building consecrated.
1854- Church altered.
1868- Church enlarged.
August 1881 – Parish House erected, honoring ministry of Rev. Henry Satterlee.
1886- Rectory built and consecrated.
1901 – Zion Memorial Chapel, New Hamburg, founded and built.