Printed on parchment paper, this is a copy of the deed transferring most of the property of southern Dutchess County NY from the Wappinger Indians to Francis Rombout and Gulian Verplank in August 8, 1683. When a patent for the land was granted by King James II of England in 1695, this land became known as the Rombout Patent.
In 1741, the original land owner and builder of the Mesier Homestead, Adolphus Brouwer, purchased 750 acres of this land from William Skinner and his wife Catherine VanCorlandt and built in the first houses and mills in what is now known as Wappingers Falls.
4 pages, 11" x 16" parchment paper. (A smaller size paper, 8 1/2" x 11" is available as a seperate item in our online store).